[fpc-devel] Crosscompiling win towards darwin

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Nov 21 15:00:28 CET 2016

> On 21 Nov 2016, at 11:40, Alfred <alfred at consulab.nl> wrote:
>

> So, as far as I understand correctly, if a fpc abc.o file is presented towards the linker, it replaces the extension with tbd and goes looking for abc.tbd.
> I checked: if I add a dummy abc.tbd in the same location, all goes well.

Fwiw, here's an explanation of what those .tbd files are: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/4572

That means they are at most relevant when linking libraries, and even in that case they're only a new way of distributing stub libraries. That means the linker code should definitely never only look for .tbd files. It may first try that and then fall back to the original name if nothing is found, but that's it.

Jonas