[fpc-devel] Raw ARC objects preview

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Nov 8 22:11:35 CET 2016

On 08/11/16 21:44, Maciej Izak wrote:

> One person from FPC core team suggested me to switch to C++/C# instead
> of discussing with them.

Keep in mind that unless explicitly stated otherwise, everyone of us
always speaks for themselves.

> I am [..] problematic community member for
> FPC core team.

I don't think you are.

> More info about my reasoning:
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/115782878581272923715/posts/gmeysvbJiZS

Just to clarify: it seems to indirectly suggest that Boian Mitov is part
of FPC core, which he is not.

Regarding that we require large patches to be cleanly split: that is
true (I guess you are referring to, a.o., my comment at
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=30687 ). Those are the standards
we hold ourselves to as well. I understand that this can be
demotivating, especially if you first already had to argue and wait
quite a bit for it to be accepted in principle, but it is the only way
to keep the compiler maintainable in the long run (and to avoid
frustrations by other people that will work on the compiler after you/in
addition to you).

In any case, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours, and
am sorry it didn't work out.

Jonas