[fpc-devel] Feature announcement: Record management operators

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 11:50:49 CET 2016

> Just a note, I attempted to compile your smart_pointer branch revision
> 33229 on a Raspberry Pi 3 Raspbian Jessie (with the latest updates) and the
> build failed.
>
> make all OPT="-dFPC_ARMHF"
>
> Sorry, I didn't capture the output error messages.

...as expected. Building smart_pointers branch is more complicated.
smart_pointers branch contains RTL and RTTI changes for records. To "make
all" for smart_pointers branch you need to use smart_pointers compiler
(sounds like paradox :).

You can't build RTL and PACKAGES for smart_pointers branch by using
standard FPC compiler. Small tips:

1. build smart_pointers compiler by using FPC 3.0
2. build smart_pointers RTL & PACKAGES by using smart_pointers compiler
from step 1.
3. now you can "make all" but only by using Compiler & RTL from steps 1 & 2

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak