[fpc-devel] Bug 29760 on FPC 3.0 Win64

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Thu Mar 17 07:13:04 CET 2016

>>> tests/test/cg/taddcurr.pp contains already most of those tests in a
>>> systematic way.
>>
>> this test was added after FPC 3.0 release ? If yes, then okay. If not
>> then this test is not sufficient to catch above mentioned bug
>
> No, this test is much older. That test already checks
> adding/subtracting/multiplying and dividing currency values. Your test
> checks the same with integer/double, but that merely adds type
> conversions from double/integer to currency. It's this type conversion
> that is broken in FPC 3.0, and hence that's what should be tested.

Ok, then I have questions:

1. Is there any example of test, which tests others type conversions,
which I can adapt to currency ?
2. Or is there someone more experienced than me, who is willing write
such test ?
3. Is it possible at least as temporary solution copy/paste "my tests"
to tw28748.pp ?

I think, that it is reasonable make steps that will prevent same error
to raise again in future ...

Thanks
-Laco.