[fpc-devel] Bug 29760 on FPC 3.0 Win64

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Fri Mar 11 07:52:01 CET 2016

> > Are there tests for compiler ?
> > Is it possible, that such bug is not noticed during preparation of
> release ?
> > (or is it such special case, that this was not covered by existing
> test?)
>
> There are many and they are run every night for quite some platforms.
> It could however be that this specific case was never tested.

As I see there are some test units, which try do complex testing of
given subject (tint, ttrunc, tround etc.) and then there are "ad-hoc"
test units (name begins with "tw"+number), which more or less react only
to given bug. (so until bug is reported no test exists).
I do not know if there is somebody who really knows what is in these
"tw" test units ? (I doubt that somebody can remember what is in
thousand of files)

So wouldn't be better have less bigger test units for example
"tcurrency" which will do complex testing for for example all
math.operations with currency data type ?
(as opposed to have lot of fragments in lot of anonymous files)

-Laco.