[fpc-devel] Feature announcement: Record management operators

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:12:51 CET 2016

Am 07.03.2016 16:00 schrieb "Maciej Izak" <hnb.code at gmail.com>:

>> Congratulations! However, in the future please try to split your commits
more. For example, it seems the optimisation regarding the RTTI for
initialisation could have been committed (and hence tested and potentially
merged) separately from the rest.

> Thanks :). I will try to commit more regular. Btw. for mentioned
initialization, optimization was not that obvious without implementing
Initialization/Finalization operators.

Might be, but even then you can commit that separately.

>> The syntax with the separate "var aFoo: TFoo" parameter, but then
seemingly using that parameter as some kind of automatic alias for a fake
"self" in the body, is also rather strange (why don't you have to use
"aFoo.F := 10" etc?)

> "var aFoo: TFoo" parameter syntax is "Sven approved" ;)

Jonas meant that you didn't use "aFoo" inside the body of the
Initialize/Finalize operators. Is that a copy and paste oversight or does
that really work? In the latter case: that definitely shouldn't be the case
then.

Regards,
Sven