[fpc-devel] Aarch64 bootstrapping

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:25:15 CEST 2016

Am 06.06.2016 19:57 schrieb "Alfred" <alfred at consulab.nl>:
> It would be nice (even if considered a happy coincidence), if the
possibility to build trunk with trunk would remain.

We only guarantee that trunk can be build by the last release, nothing
else. We couldn't even detect another in-between version (the source could
be from a directory without SVN support), not to mention the maintenance
nightmare this would create. And if we'd made an exception here then others
would want exceptions for other occasions as well.
Also in 2.7.1 times building trunk from an earlier trunk version broke more
often due to various developments going on, so you're lucky that it worked
as long as it did.

Regards,
Sven