[fpc-devel] Generics.Collections as package for Lazarus or package for FPC RTL

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 11:28:48 CET 2016

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
> As long as it's not in the bootstrapping RTL I don't really care where we
> put it ;)

So it could be added to FPC trunk soon?
This issue has been open for a long time. I hope some decision can be made.

I don't understand many things around FPC's generics. I hope to learn more.
For example, fcl-stl is not Delphi compatible yet FPC project
otherwise provides Delphi compatible libraries.
Maciej's Generics.Collections is more compatible with Delphi. To me it
looks like a good match for FPC.
Are there technical reasons against Delphi compatibility?
Can I find information about this issue somewhere?

One more thing:
Anthony, please don't hijack Maciej's generics thread for your dotted
namespace issue.
You can open another thread for it. Maciej's question is important and
I want to follow its discussion.

Juha