[fpc-devel] Program too long ?

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Jan 14 19:07:15 CET 2016

On 14/01/16 17:45, Mathias wrote:
> The code is machine generated.
> I wanted to test which compiler is faster, the. Of FPC or C ++
> C ++ could compile the code without errors.

Whether or not it can be compiled is unrelated to the language of
course, but to the compiler. We indeed only develop FPC for use with
procedures that don't have an extreme size, because that way the
compiler uses less memory and is faster. Since such massive routines are
often indeed only present in case of machine-generated code, and since
in that case you can usually easily adapt your generation to split up
the code in multiple routines, there's not much incentive to change this
(other than being able to say "yes, we can handle this").

Jonas