[fpc-devel] Add {$I %DATETIME%}

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Feb 23 12:57:01 CET 2016

I don't think this is a good idea.

1. The TDateTime format is not a basic format of the language.
    It is an agreement on how to encode date/time information in a double.

    You now make the compiler dependent on this "agreement", promoting
    TDateTime to a compiler-recognized type.

2. Some targets do not even have floats. That will cause problems as well.

Michael.