[fpc-devel] FPC internal linker issues with Win64 .a startic-link libraries by GCC newer than 4.8.1

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 15:09:32 CET 2016

> I'm still thinking about a solution that will satisfy both of our points
> as good as possible - yes, I already have an idea. Maybe I'll share it this
> evening when I'm home again.

Do you mean :

=== code begin ===
  TRecordTypeField = packed record // without "Field: TManagedField"
    Flags: Byte; // visibility
    Name: ShortString;
  end;

        { tkRecord }
        property ManagedFldCount: Integer read GetManagedFldCount;
 deprecated 'Use TotalFieldCount'; // return TotalFieldCount
      tkRecord: (
        RecSize: Integer;
        ManagedFieldCount: Integer;
        TotalFieldCount: Integer;
       {TotalFields: array[0..TotalFieldCount - 1] of TManagedField;
        ManagedFields: array[0..ManagedFieldCount - 1] of TManagedField; //
or indirect pointer to init table ?
        RecFields: array[0..TotalFieldCount - 1] of TRecordTypeField});
=== code end ===

Full backward compatible... Fair enough and a little Delphi incompatible
(it is already incompatible so no big difference and no redundant info for
TRecordTypeField)

> Then don't pick such controversial topics :P

You never know what is controversial :P. Core team is unpredictable. ;)

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak