[fpc-devel] Management operators AddRef and Copy vs Copy

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Apr 26 14:50:27 CEST 2016

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016, Maciej Izak wrote:

> Finally I've decided to use Clone and Copy (as proposed by Florian). Should
> I adjust RTL inner functions to this? I mean renaming FPC_COPY to FPC_CLONE
> and FPC_ADDREF to FPC_COPY.

Are these the assembler names of existing functions ?

If so, the reason these have an assembler name is that they can be called directly
from assembler code. So maybe it is better not rename them, I would think, since
we don't know what assembler code calls them. If you change them, then people
that call these routines will not get any warning why their code suddenly behaves
differently ?

Michael.