[fpc-devel] mode Delphi, property overload, and svn 19564

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 26 08:02:10 CEST 2016

Am 25.04.2016 23:52 schrieb "David Jenkins" <david at scootersoftware.com>:
> So the question is:
>
> Mantis 20580 & SVN 19564 are about duplicate symbols but not overloaded
properties in particular.  However overloaded properties in mode Delphi
appear to have gone away with that change.  Was this intentional?  (I tried
to find discussion on this and couldn't).

> I guess the other question would be if I am right that overloaded
properties in mode delphi don't work since that change.

Overloaded properties are a more specialized variant of duplicate symbols,
so of course they aren't mentioned especially in a fix.
If the code you posted doesn't work in Delphi then we definitely won't add
code in our Delphi mode to make it working there again, because in that
case it had been a bug in FPC that had been fixed.
If this code works in Delphi however then it's a bug in FPC and you should
report it on Mantis.

Regards,
Sven