[fpc-devel] Unicode paths

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Apr 13 09:04:40 CEST 2016

In our previous episode, Martin Schreiber said:
> > Anyway, I never liked the fact that argv and argc are exported symbols. If
> > they weren't public, we could change them at will and/or have differing
> > implementations and encodings depending on target.  I would deprecate them
> > (being public)
> >
> Is there a possibility to still get the raw data in case one wants to handle
> encoding himself?

argv and argc is not really raw data, and on many platforms (like windows) processed.

If you want to use the raw data, you'll need OS specific functions
(getcommandlinew for e.g.  Windows), or, in case of the Unix RTL, the
operatingsystem_parameter_* assembler symbols that convey the registers
loaded by the loader to the RTL.