[fpc-devel] FPC 3.0.0-rc1 release

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 03:42:22 CEST 2015

Regarding the FPC 3.0 what's new language features, I think there is are
more new than what's listed on the wiki. Off the top of my head here two
language features not present in 2.6.4:

* Helpers now work on intrinsic types such as string and integer (eg.
StringHelper = record helper for string)
* Support for generic constraints (eg. TEmployee<T: TVehicle, constructor>
= class)

If anyone else knows of other new to 3.0 language features not on the wiki,
please respond with a description of said language feature.