[fpc-devel] get/put in fpc

Schneider schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Mon Oct 12 02:41:48 CEST 2015

Sven:

> At least on my desktop it works. Don't know if your sysadmins fixed it by
> now or if it's just my mobile browser that's buggy... -.-

It seems to be a mobile problem.  I can replicate it so it's not fixed
yet.

> And to answer the problem at hand: right now we don't support the TimeStamp
> type or the GetTimeStamp function. In FPC we have the Delphi equivalent
> which is the Now function which returns a TDateTime which in turn is a
> Double (a floating point type with double precision). In addition there is
> the FormatDateTime function that allows you to convert a TDateTime to a
> string with a formatting of your choosing. However both functions require
> unit SysUtils, but in ISO mode loading units is disabled... (though you can
> work around that by telling the compiler to load a unit using a command line
> switch)
> The Extended Pascal functions and the type shouldn't be that hard to add
> however (though we'd need to add an ExtISO mode to do it by the book ;) - or
> we could just add them to the System unit, then they are available for all
> modes, though that opens its own can of worms :/ ).

Thanks for considering these possibilities.

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research
  Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  schneidt at mail.nih.gov
  https://schneider.ncifcrf.gov (current link)