[fpc-devel] get/put in fpc

Schneider schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Fri Oct 9 20:14:06 CEST 2015

Tomas:

> Have you compiled your code with -Miso command line parameter as already
> suggested by someone else? I assume that unit iso7185 providing these
> procedures is then automatically included. If not, you can certainly add
> this unit to your uses clause manually.

Yes, I'm currently compiling using:

fpc   -Miso -Tdarwin -Mmacpas getput.p

(This is in a script 'fpcc' so I don't forget.)

> Second, as also mentioned by Jonas, the part of ISO standard support
> related to file handling has been only fixed recently and is not available
> in any released version. You might be able to build a newer compiler
> version from the sources if needed, although I cannot judge how easy or
> difficult that may get on your platform of choice (but it's certainly
> doable). Unfortunately, I don't see any ready made snapshots available for
> your platform on our FTP server - that would have been an easy solution.

Ok, that's what I suspected.

http://www.freepascal.org/
Latest News
August 25th, 2015
FPC 3.0.0-rc1 has been released!
ftp://freepascal.stack.nl/pub/fpc/beta/3.0.0-rc1
ftp://freepascal.stack.nl/pub/fpc/beta/3.0.0-rc1/i386-macosx/
ftp://freepascal.stack.nl/pub/fpc/beta/3.0.0-rc1/i386-macosx/fpc-3.0.0rc1.intel-macosx.dmg

Is that the right one for me on Mac OS X 10.10.5?

Or rather:

http://www.freepascal.org/download.var
http://www.freepascal.org/down/source/sources.var
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/
Looking for the latest version? Download fpc-2.6.4.intel-macosx.dmg (91.1 MB)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/latest/download?source=files

?

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research
  Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  schneidt at mail.nih.gov
  https://schneider.ncifcrf.gov (current link)