[fpc-devel] patch for rtl/linux/aarch64/cprt0.as

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Oct 6 10:33:42 CEST 2015

Edmund Grimley Evans wrote on Tue, 06 Oct 2015:

> Jonas:
>
>> Now, for some reason, it seems that right now on Linux we only do this for
>> x86 and PowerPC (32 and 64 bit).
>
> So x86_64 does this the wrong way.

No, with "x86" I meant "i386 and x86_64". Sorry for not being clear.

> But it's a bit late for 3.0.0, isn't it?

Due to Apple's Xcode 7 release breaking a bunch of things and some
late found bugs in the resource string support, we will have an RC2
before the final release. In addition, problems related to the
generation of the configuration file are generally only discovered
while building a release, so fixed for that are definitely good
candidates to still include.

I think the current plan is to tag RC2 tomorrow night, so if possible
it would be good to have your proposed changes before then.

Jonas