[fpc-devel] simpleipc issues

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Sat Oct 3 19:21:04 CEST 2015

On 21 Sep 15, at 14:03, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
 .
 .
> Michael Van Canneyt & Tomas Hajny & everybody who wants to test:
>
> I prepared a fully compatible AdvancedIPC unit. See the attachment.
> There is a unit mysimpleipc.pp that should replace the simpleipc.pp in
> FPC sources. I renamed it in order to prevent file name problems and to
> be able to check the compatibility without recompiling FPC sources
> (basically just use "mysimpleipc" in the uses instead of "simpleipc").
 .
 .

Thanks, I tested it under OS/2 now. Both the "simple" and "advanced"
test programs work, well done! I noticed two issues when running the
"advanced" tests, though. First, the server increases the CPU
considerably. There seems to be a loop permanently searching for a
file FindFirst without any sleep in between. Maybe related to
PeekRequest calls? Second, I noticed that unlike the "simple" test,
the "advanced" leaves a temporary file 'hello-NNNN-t' in the
temporary directory after finishing.

Apart from that, I replaced the hard-coded '*' with a reference to
AllFilesMask constant defined in unit System, because some of FPC
targets need a different mask when searching for all files (that is
not the case of OS/2, but e.g. GO32v2 would need that if not running
on a LFN enabled system) - committed in svn trunk.

Tomas