[fpc-devel] RTTI

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Nov 25 15:00:02 CET 2015

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015, Anthony Walter wrote:

> Can someone refer me to a document regarding the whats planned for FPC RTTI
> improvements? Is it aiming to support the current Delphi RTTI improvements
> (attributes, virtual method intercepts, location and tvalue) or something
> else?

There is no document.

To my knowledge:

- Attributes are supported in a branch already scheduled to be merged after 3.0.0 is out.

- The location and tvalue are in the branch for which the merge request was just posted.

- I think virtual method intercepts are not implemented or planned.
   I am not sure whether this needs many extra things in the compiler, it just
   requires the interface RTTI and a RTL helper class ?

Michael.