[fpc-devel] RTTI

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Nov 25 10:49:53 CET 2015

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015, Maciej Izak wrote:

>>> What do you think of merging the InterfaceRTTI branch with the FPC trunk?
>>>

>> Indeed. Very important... Ping core team?
>>

> No one can help? Sven? I think it is very close to your interests?

To the best of my knowledge:

The patch will not be merged to trunk, not today, not tomorrow, because the mechanism is not generic
and highly processor specific.

As long as there is no mechanism that is known to work on all supported CPUs, this will not be merged.

We are making a cross-platform compiler. So it is of paramount importance that new features work on
ALL cpus, not just the most-used ones.

Michael.