[fpc-devel] aarch64-linux: PATCH: add aarch64-linux to rtl/

Edmund Grimley Evans edmund.grimley.evans at gmail.com
Sat May 23 08:56:05 CEST 2015

This patch includes most of the hard work in porting FPC to
aarch64-linux: getting the assembler start-up code roughly right,
getting the sizes and layouts of various structs correct, coping with
system calls that no longer exist (see dup2/dup3, for example), ...

Linux arm64 takes its system call numbers from
include/uapi/asm-generic/unistd.h, which according to a quick grep of
the kernel source is currently used for these architectures: arc,
arm64, c6x, hexagon, metag, nios2, openrisc, score, tile, unicore32. I
would guess that arm64 is the first of these to appear in FPC so I've
put the "generic" syscall numbers in rtl/linux/sysnr-gen.inc and I've
used generic_linux_syscalls as the condition for alternatives that
would presumably be applicable to any of those architectures.

With this patch you should be able to get as far as building
compiler/ppca64, either cross-building on a supported system or
building natively on Linux arm64.

Edmund