[fpc-devel] Xe3 Parallel for

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed May 13 11:27:37 CEST 2015

On 05/12/2015 06:43 PM, Marco van de Voort wrote:
>> Will the fpc library provide the appropriate classes for doing
>> "TParallel.For" as described ?
> That will depend on when you submit that patch :-)
This of course triggers my standard answer to such wording:

"It does make sense to first decide whether you want to drink tea or
beer before opening either the cupboard or the fridge."

Meaning that - regarding the limited resources - a community should
first discuss exactly what effort (what kind of implementation in
detail) would make sense, before anybody bothers to start coding.

I do know that you thing along very different lines (and do provide
fantastic work as a result :-) ).

But the (IMHO) abysmal design (much too closely following Delphi) of the
Unicode support shows the negative result of lacking research before
starting coding (see
http://wiki.freepascal.org/not_Delphi_compatible_enhancement_for_Unicode_Support
)

-Michael (more a researcher than a coder ;-) )