[fpc-devel] TProcess empty parameter

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu May 7 12:37:41 CEST 2015

In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:

(on rereading the whole thread)

> That is only if you use the CommandLine property.
> If you use the stringlist (Parameters), no parsing is done.

The mentioned routine is the tstringlist to array of pchar conversion, and
afaik also applies to the separated part.

Since NIL is a termination of an array of pchar in C that is not ok.

behaviour of strnew should be checked in both TP and Delphi (since both have
strnew) and if necessary changed. (returning FPC_EMPTYCHAR or whatever)

If it can't be changed, it must be worked around in process.inc.

That being said, it is a very good idea for fpcup maintainers to cleanup
legacy as much as possible, and work towards representing a commandline as
an array of string, and not a single string.