[fpc-devel] FPC programs in OSv

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Mar 4 15:47:24 CET 2015

Hi,

For those who don't know: OSv is an operating system running Linux
"applications" in a mini VM.

I was able to write and run a fpc hello-world program. I created a wiki
page for this with all the details:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Free_Pascal_on_OSv

The "applications" are dynamic libs (ELF 64-bit LSB shared object,
x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked) with a 'main' function.
I had to cheat a bit. Calling the FPC init crashes badly.
So I disabled that.
The OSv people claim, that any "normal" Linux lib works,
except for syscall and fork. They prefer libc.
The standard Linux System unit uses syscalls.

Can you give me some advice how to proceed from here?
How can I make the System unit use libc calls instead of the syscalls?

Mattias