[fpc-devel] Is there some reason why the linker cannot find crti.o, crtn.o etc?

vfclists . vfclists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 11:43:07 CEST 2015

These messages come up almost always when I compile a project:

Warning: "crti.o" not found, this will probably cause a linking failure
templateSys.lpr(39,1) Warning: "crtn.o" not found, this will probably cause
a linking failure.

On a 32bit system the files are located in /usr/lib/i386-gnu and
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu

find /usr/lib -type f -name crt*

/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/crti.o
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/crtn.o
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.X/crtbegin.o
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.X/crtend.o

I don't know if some of them are debug builds which may have other
attributes which make them undetectable by the linker.

Some of the errors may also be related to the gnu tools and not be
FPC/Lazarus related.

This issue bit me when I was trying to cross compile some synopse libraries
(I have forgotten how I fixed it) and I want to know how it can be fixed
permanently in my installations.

--
Frank Church