[fpc-devel] Future of FPCUP tool

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Wed Jul 29 13:40:30 CEST 2015

On 05/24/2015 02:24 PM, Paul Breneman wrote:
> On 05/19/2015 02:19 AM, Alfred wrote:
>> @vfclists
>> This was a regression ... should be fixed by now.
>>
>> @florian
>> Importing should have been done !
>> However, this all started as a not-too-serious attempt by me to get
>> fpcup running again.
>>
>> I must say its not easy to maintain/understand code without possibility
>> to consult the author.
>
> I am interested in working on a console version of fpcup to use in a
> small linux console VM:
> http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,26315.msg174469.html#msg174469
>

> Any suggestions on where to start?  Maybe get the GUI version working in
> my ReactOS VM?

I started my first Free Pascal wiki page weeks ago:
   http://wiki.freepascal.org/Small_Virtual_Machines

***** The text below is from that wiki page *****
This downloads a file (875240 bytes) but can't execute it (help needed):
wget
https://github.com/LongDirtyAnimAlf/Reiniero-fpcup/blob/master/bin/i386-linux/fpcup_linux_x86?raw=true
--no-check-certificate
mv fpcup_linux_x86?raw=true fpcup
chmod u+rx fpcup
sudo ./fpcup (Get No such file or directory error)
*****

Anyone here have any quick suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?
I've asked on the Lazarus forum but have gotten no response.