[fpc-devel] Pascal Standard, and what we can do.

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:35:17 CEST 2015

> I simply don't understand why people want to introduce concepts of other
> languages.
> Just use the other language, spare yourself the agony.
>
> What confuses me even more: C has been around since as long as pascal. It
> does not seem plagued by this need to be "modern".
>
> Michael.

If you want the features of pure pascal, you should use $MODE OBJFPC or TP
or FPC, full stop. You can't stop me and others from introducing Oxygene
flavored mode.Or if inside FPC team is will to block changes related to
Oxygene flavored syntax, let me know and I will try to create fork of FPC
compiler.

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak