[fpc-devel] New FPC language/dialect MODE, Generics.Collections and new branch

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Jul 17 15:44:04 CEST 2015

Maciej Izak wrote:

>     IMHO the whole point of generics.collections is that its usage is Delphi
>     compatible.
>
> Not at all. Big part of interface is compatible. It's good designed. FPC
> Generics.Collections implementation is very different and extended.

If delphi has a unit called "generics.collections" and then we introduce
a unit with the same name, it should have the same interface and
functionality (except where not possible due to cross-platform concerns
etc).

Extensions are possible, but they should be put in separate units so
that if Delphi extends its unit later in a different way, you can't get
conflicts.

Jonas