[fpc-devel] FPC CHM files
Marco van de Voort
marcov at stack.nl
Fri Feb 13 23:53:56 CET 2015
In our previous episode, Mattias Gaertner said:
> I'm searching for the newest version of chm files (rtl, fcl, user,
> fpdoc, prog, ref, toc).
> Where is the most recent snapshot?
January snapshot (for 3.0 doc build testing)
> If there are no snapshots: Is it still so complicated as described
>From memory what I do is
- install latex
- install tex4ht (nowadays just from package, in the past this was torture)
- with a full snapshot of FPC available run fpcdocs/fixdocs.sh with the sources of FPC at
- Switch to lazarus
- make sure all xml docs for all units exists. This usually takes most time.
- Check location of fpdoc dir in build_lcl_chm.sh it needs to find the
generated FPC docs for cross referencing.
- run doc/html/build_lcl_chm.sh
- Gather all chm, xct and non zero .kwds. Package in a help/ with the readme
from fpcdocs repo
The last snapshot was smaller than the previous, so there might still be
trunk fpdoc issues. But I don't have a lead what exactly is wrong with them.
Messing with threading can be very rewarding, about halving build times. I
had corrupt chms on occasion though, but not reproducable.
More information about the fpc-devel