[fpc-devel] RTTI interface & variant late binding issue (mORMot)

Steve Hildebrandt Steve.Kassel at web.de
Sat Feb 7 12:36:14 CET 2015

Am 07.02.2015 um 12:10 schrieb Maciej Izak:

> Ehm. It's unfair. I arleady posted some time ago that "Invoke" is done
> for windows by me... Then you posted that we need version for all
> platforms... Double standards in community? :\

To clarify what I have done:
I implemented RTTI in a delphi compatible way that could be used for
"invoke" or other shenanigans, while this works nice if we need to 1
offset / 1 register index,
it will not work as it is for each and every convention that is
supported by fpc. What I haven't done is build TValue.invoke or somthing
similar.

The calling code for x86_64 invoke or stdcall should be somwhat different.
Consequence is someone will need to implement invoke for each convention
so it works with the provided information.

The questions I have is, how is the information you use for invoke
organised? like delphi?

Since I have some project and tests going on for university I have no
problem to stop working on it.
I started the work quite a while back and only becouse I needed some of
it for my own projects.

mfg Steve