[fpc-devel] RTTI interface & variant late binding issue (mORMot)

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 7 12:30:31 CET 2015

On 07.02.2015 12:10, Maciej Izak wrote:
> Ehm. It's unfair. I arleady posted some time ago that "Invoke" is done
> for windows by me... Then you posted that we need version for all
> platforms... Double standards in community? :\

It's a bit hard to keep the overview when volunteers from outside are
working without communicating with us. That was the first update I read
from Steve since he said that he's going to work on extended RTTI a few
months back and to be frankly honest: I simply forgot your mail from the
fifth (or do you mean a different one?) among my normal daily work. So
I'm sorry if it came of as having double standards we're just human
beings after all...

Would you please elaborate what exactly you are working on? Maybe we can
find synergies between your work and Steve's.

And of course we need a cross platform solution. It won't work for us to
have it just for Windows. At least the main platforms i386-win32,
x86_64-win64, i386-linux, x86_64-linux, i386-darwin and x86_64-darwin
should be covered. Immediately followed by arm-linux and arm-darwin with
aarch64-darwin not so far behind I suspect... Though most work should be
per CPU-platform and not per-target anyway...

Regards,
Sven