[fpc-devel] RTTI interface & variant late binding issue (mORMot)

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 7 11:54:03 CET 2015

On 07.02.2015 11:45, Steve Hildebrandt wrote:
>> You don't need to implement Invoke for all platforms for now. Just
>> raise an exception and hopefully platform maintainers will take it
>> from there. The most important part is that the parameter description
>> is flexible enough to potentially allow for all platforms to be
>> supported.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sven
> And here is the problem, depending on the calling convention it may not
> fit into the delphi compatible RTTI layout.
> If more information is needed than a stack offset or a single register
> index, you will need to acomodate that somehow.

How does the information record look currently? Our RTTIs aren't 100%
compatible anyway, so I wouldn't mind if we add needed fields for other
platforms. Of course we'd first need to know whether any other platform
has such needs...
At least for m68k I can say that register index and stack offset should
be enough.

Regards,
Sven