[fpc-devel] FPC 3.0.0-rc1 release

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Aug 26 12:20:14 CEST 2015

In our previous episode, Florian Klaempfl said:
> >> But here is Win95,98,Me explicitly excluded.
> >> I think, that at first place it should be also excluded.
> >
> > Yup, and remove w2k and NT(4) too. While they might work, they are no longer
> > formally supported and tested afaik.
>
> Question is: if the first is the target system and the latter the host
> system?

Former, latter refer to what?

Since we are self-hosting not being a target precludes being an host, and
being target only is not well, since the RTL probably uses calls from after
NT4 and w2k.

(unicode and threading/synchronization I would guess)

Point is that it isn't tested even occasionally, so I would not guarantee
anything in a release manifest. Maybe subsets work, but maybe not (if some
newer function is always linked in)