[fpc-devel] "Signals"

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Sep 26 11:46:04 CEST 2014

On 09/26/2014 11:37 AM, Sven Barth wrote:

> In Qt it does. Each QObject has a thread it is owned by and thus the
> signal handling mechanism knows to which thread to queue to deliver a
> signal to a certain object.

Making the appropriate ("signalable") Objects instances of TThread
siblings would do the same trick.

But (as discussed before) with that such TThread-sibling instances would
have to automatically have their own Event queue instance, and would
need to be programmed in an event-driven way (like the main thread in
Lazarus). (In fact this is what I feel in many cases would be the more
appropriate way to do do worker threads  anyway: I already suggested a
"TThreadApplication" Type in Lazarus already ages ago)

-Michael