[fpc-devel] "Signals"

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Sep 26 09:57:43 CEST 2014

On 09/26/2014 09:39 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> You can use the Observer pattern; it is in the classes unit.
I'll take a look.

> And to be honest, this is not a language concept, but a library concept.
AFAIK he mentioned QT as a library providing this.

> It can be easily implemented.

If so I assume that somebody already did it.

To allow for doing this with thread, an event queue for worker threads
needs to be provided.
In fact I already did some research on this issue. It does not seem a
great problem, but to be decently done, IMHO the event queue code in the
RTL should be re-used. But this does not seem to be a concept that is
supported by the implementers of the RTL, as no public interface to same
is provided.

-Michael