[fpc-devel] RTTI generating

Peter Popov ppopov99 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 12:27:14 CEST 2014

I will add quick comment to this discussion: our products heavily rely on
the "automated" keyword, introduced in Delphi 2. What we use it for is
either to link dynamically GUI elements to particular code, or to do a
particular form of RPC. That is, the gui does not in advance the structure
of the code it is to represent. The key is the RTTI generated for
automated methods (although we need a hack to get the auto table start
pointer).

Something like this would be extremely useful if we are to fully switch to
fpc.

Peter Popov

on Sat, 20 Sep 2014 00:14:42 +0300, silvioprog <silvioprog at gmail.com>