[fpc-devel] Pinguino

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Tue Sep 2 16:08:20 CEST 2014

I guess it depends on what you understand by the word support ;-)

The Pinguino has a PIC32MX440F256H; translated headers for this chip are
available. Flashing and Debugging with JLink V9 Adapter should also work
fine with gdb, it did with every other PIC32MX I tried.

There's also support for defining the DEVCFG registers in sourcecode and
'high level' (aehm...) support for accessing gpio pins and some started
code to do the same thing for uarts, timers osc and spi but nothing that
I'd call complete or well tested ;-)

There's also a problem with debug symbols that is still open, I think I
know how to fix that but haven't spent much time on this lately.

So, if you are willing to play arround and get your feet wet then I'd
say everything is usable, if you expect full integration in RTL, bells &
whizzles then there's no support (yet).

If you are interested in making this port more complete then I can check
in my latest changes to the branch for this project, 90% of the code are
already in trunk, perhaps the rest can also show up in trunk fast if
some of the devs are willing to merge my latest changes to trunk. This
should be easy as most of the changes are in the rtl/mipsel directory.

Michael