[fpc-devel] Proof of Concept ARC implementation

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 29 17:45:32 CET 2014

On 29.10.2014 16:59, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 10/29/2014 04:17 PM, hinstance at yandex.ru wrote:
>> I suggest leaving TList from FPC RTL as is. It works with pointers, so
>> leave it be.
>>
> OK. Repeating the argument for TObjectList.

TObjectList could (and IMHO should) be extended with support for manual
reference counting if we decide to use an approach where reference
counted and non-reference counted object variables are assignable to
each other. In fact the methods I added to TObject for this (mainly
ARCIsRefCounted, ARCIncRef and ARCDecRef) would already allow for this.

Regards,
Sven