[fpc-devel] Proof of Concept ARC implementation

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Oct 28 10:09:40 CET 2014

On 10/27/2014 10:44 PM, Boian Mitov wrote:
> In general the C/C++ notion of doing as little in the language as
> possible, and as much in library has worked very well for it over the
> years.
> Yes, pluggable languages concept has existed at least since C ;-) . I
> agree, and as I said has worked well.
I just took a look at C++ Threading Building Blocks (TBB ->
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threading_Building_Blocks) that seemingly
woks along these lines and provides MultiThread / MultiCore support
stuff like "parallel for". Something like this would be great for fpc,
as well but of course is not due to be discussed right here.

-Michael