[fpc-devel] Proof of Concept ARC implementation

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Mon Oct 27 22:24:15 CET 2014

Actually Ref. Counting may reduce memory usage, as in reality it will
require less code. It will eliminate a large number of destructors, and in
many cases a lot of if statements etc.
I am speaking of personal experience since we introduced [AutoManage]
attribute in our libraries, and it reduced the code significantly. In our
case it also creates the objects, so we also eliminate most constructors
too, but even just the elimination of destructors is a great benefit.

With best regards,
Boian Mitov

Mitov Software
www.mitov.com