[fpc-devel] Building 2.7.1 on current Raspbian fails

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Oct 24 14:29:45 CEST 2014

In our previous episode, Jonas Maebe said:
> The question here was about implementing a new target in FPC and then
> regenerating the makefiles for that new target. This requires an fpcmake
> built from the trunk sources.

Yes, I thought it was the common missing fpcmake during the install stage,
sorry for that.

Btw, afaik running make in utils/fpcm would only work if you had reached
fcl-base, since you need those include dirs.

Maybe copying the .fpcmake files will help, but I think this is better fixed
first on a supported target.

I played a bit, and just running fpcmake -Tall Makefile.fpc.fpcmake won't
work since it drags in the fpmkunit dependency of fcl-base fpmake oriented  Makefile.fpc.

So one would need to copy fcl-base's Makefile.fpc.fpcmake to Makefile.fpc
first or adapt fpcmake -Tall to give .fpcmake preference over Makefile.fpc
if the argument ends in .fpcmake or so.

Or remove the requires from the fpcm Makefile.fpc.fpcmake file, and then
regenerate and pass suitable -Fu and -Fi paths to fcl-base in OPT