[fpc-devel] Building 2.7.1 on current Raspbian fails

Thaddy de Koning thaddy at thaddy.com
Thu Oct 23 11:27:36 CEST 2014

Bad practise is the only practise if knowledge about good practise is
not available.
I am fully prepared to accept you are right. In fact, in my professional
settings I would not do otherwise.
But this is a special case, for a huge platform, and somebody, somehow,
forgot about the license....
Because the starting compiler for Raspbian is not available......

That's the point:

In war ( I am a former tank commander when it was still relevant for an
19 year old) You improvise when resources are not available.

I agree with you. Get it?
But where's the stuff we can use to do it properly? My stuff works, is
based on trunk, but not usable?

Ofcourse not.

This goes to the core of the project: either one sticks to the rules, or
one deviates from it.
This is a blatant case of GPL ignorance, since the starting compiler is
not made available.
And the compiler is GPL'd

THAT'S my point.