[fpc-devel] Dumping the syntax tree

Vsevolod Alekseyev sevaa at sprynet.com
Tue Oct 21 23:23:16 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I wonder where in the FPC compilation flow would be a good spot to dump
the parsed syntax tree of a source?

Here's why I'm asking. For a while now, I've been struggling to adapt a
bunch of Pascal code to various mobile platforms. It's been painful. The
code itself is pretty conservative feature-wise, almost K&R C-like
(except sets and ansistrings). I wonder if I could slap together a quick
and dirty Pascal-to-C converter just for this codebase to work, but I'd
rather reuse the existing parsing logic.

So if anyone could point me at a spot in the FPC source where the source
tree is more or less ready, that's be nice. Thanks in advance.