[fpc-devel] fpcmkcfg invocation for two versions (linux)

Gennadiy Poryev core at barvinok.net
Mon Oct 20 11:06:51 CEST 2014

Hello,

I've got two FPC versions installed on my Linux x64 box: 2.6.4 as a
bootstrap and 2.7.1 for building Lazarus. Both were installed through
'make zipinstall' from svn and untaring to /usr, hence they reside under
/usr/lib64/fpc/2.6.4/ and /usr/lib64/fpc/2.7.1/ accordingly. The
switching is done by force-resymlinking /usr/bin/ppcx64 to the correct
ppcx64 in their corresponding locations so that /usr/bin/fpc may invoke
needed binary. Now Lazarus does not build, complaining about RegisterFCL
and I know this is because of missing fpc.cfg.
What is the proper way of generating fpc.cfg in such case? I'm
particularly concerned about how do define 'basepath'. I did that on
Windows easily since bin directory was also located under version
directory, which is not the case in Linux.

Thanks in advance,
G.