[fpc-devel] Building 2.7.1 on current Raspbian fails

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Oct 18 12:12:26 CEST 2014

In our previous episode, Paul Michell said:
> > make clean all NO_UNIT_PROCESS OPT=-dNO_THREADING
>
> I have now! ;)
>
> It got passed the prior problem, but now halts with a similar issue in fpdoc.
>
> Thanks Joost

(fpdoc requiring crt*)

crt* files are part of build-essentials and are basically *nix binary
startup code.

Most binaries don't need them, since they use RTL supplied versions of these
startup files for pascal-only programs. Only when a program links to libc
this changes.

Currently fpdoc can optionally use (c)threads (recommended for lcl.chm
building, halving the time almost), and has some characterset support
(cwstrings), both of which require libc.

If this for any reason is not convenient, try to comment "cwstring," in the
uses list of fpdoc.