[fpc-devel] Invalid line-info on array of const

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Wed Oct 15 22:58:13 CEST 2014

On 09/04/2014 10:36 PM, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
> Am 04.09.2014 um 21:52 schrieb Joost van der Sluis:
>>
>> I can add this check to the debugger anyway, but am I right that the line info in the example is
>> wrong? Then I can try to fix it.
>
> Yes, it is wrong. Go ahead and fix it :)

Done. (r28824) The hesitated to write the line-number of the start of
the current function in this case, but a remark in the
dwarf-specification suggest to use 0 as line number in cases like these,
so I used that.

But gdb choked on it. Probably because with this change line-information
is generated for instructions that do not correspond to the start of a
statement/line. In that case IsStatement has to be set to false, so I
added that too.

Regards,

Joost.