[fpc-devel] Buffer error in TDecompressionStream when decompressing some data without deflate header

Архипов Владимир arkinform at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 14:19:56 CEST 2014

Hello!

My original task is to make GZIP stream compression/decompression
(preferably without external libraries).
I read zlib specification in http://www.zlib.net/manual.html and tried
to use WindowBits = 16 for automatic GZIP wrapping, but in FPC it does
not works too (in Delphi XE2 works fine).
Also I tried to use simple Deflate mode (DeflateInit and InflateInit
instead of DeflateInit2 and InflateInit2). In this case I can extract
raw zlib data from compressed stream by myself. But when I try to
decompress, I have to emulate simple deflate wrapper, but I have no
adler32 checksum. From GZip I can get only crc32 checksum. When I try
to decompress data with zero adler checksum or without adler checksum
I get error in FPC (but in Delphi XE2 this case works fine too).
Decompression with valid adler32 checksum works fine both in FPC and Delphi XE2.
It is very strange.