[fpc-devel] creating the embedded port of fpc

Sietse Achterop s.achterop at rug.nl
Sat Oct 11 20:32:20 CEST 2014

   Dear list,
I try to get the embedded port of fpc (for both lcp1728 and stm32f4) to work but fail.
I use the info on
    http://wiki.freepascal.org/TARGET_Embedded
but immediate get:
    make[1]: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found

Looks like an error to me. I don't know what to do here.
This is on a linux/debian/jessie/64bit.

The second question is about the binutils. I am confused about that.
I normally use the crosscompiler developed by ARM from
    https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded
But that creates binaries with names like
    arm-none-eabi-gcc
Can they be used? And why is fpc using non-standard names?
For the moment I use symlinks to get the names that fpc expects.
Hopefully someone can help me with these questions.

    Thanks in advance,
        Sietse