[fpc-devel] ThousandSeparator

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Nov 27 14:17:08 CET 2014

Sven Barth schrieb:

> At my old company our Delphi application handled runtime changes to
> these settings rather well. For display the normal XToY (e.g. DateToStr)
> functions are used which use the DefaultFormatSettings which are updated
> automatically (the VCL's message loop triggers a repaint when format
> settings were changed in the system).

A repaint by itself doesn't change the strings. How do the new strings
come into all the edit boxes, of all open forms?

Similarly, when the user changes the system language, can he expect that
every running application updates itself, with changed menus etc., up to
eventually open help viewers? What if the program is not prepared for a
different language, because e.g. a tax assistant is bound to a specific
country?

DoDi